By Fariba Zarinebaf
Read or Download A Historical and Economic Geography of Ottoman Greece: The Southwestern Morea in the 18th Century (Hesperia Supplement 34) PDF
Similar history_1 books
;Sea Eagles quantity One: Luftwaffe Anti-Shipping devices 1939-1941 (Luftwaffe shades) КНИГИ ;ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ Название: Sea Eagles quantity One: Luftwaffe Anti-Shipping devices 1939-1941 (Luftwaffe Colours)Автор: Chris GossИздательство: vintage PublicationsISBN: 1903223555Год: 2006Страниц: 101Формат: PDF в RARРазмер: 35.
Ships: The historical past and Specification of three hundred World-Famous КНИГИ ;ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ Издательство: Silverdale BooksАвтор(ы): Chris BishopЯзык: EnglishГод издания: 2005Количество страниц: 320ISBN: 1-84509-303-8Формат: pdf OCRРазмер: 57,7 mbFeatures three hundred mercantile and armed forces ships from precedent days to the current day: - every one send is illustrated with a color art and short provider background - complete necessities for every send contain displacement, dimensions, armament, pace and supplement RAPIDили IFOLDER eighty five
- 2003-2008 World Outlook for Defense Industry Equipment
- After The Boom In Tombstone And Jerome, Arizona: Decline In Western Resource Towns (Wilbur S. Shepperson Series in History and Humanities)
- History, Justice, and the Agency of God: A Hermeneutical and Exegetical Investigation on Isaiah and Psalms (Biblical Interpretation Series)
- A History of Natural Resources in Asia: The Wealth of Nature
- USS New Mexico BB-40
Extra resources for A Historical and Economic Geography of Ottoman Greece: The Southwestern Morea in the 18th Century (Hesperia Supplement 34)
22 THE ORGANIZATION 22. Davies 2004. 23. , Adanir 1998). OF THIS VOLUME The organization of this volume reflects closely the goals that we have outlined above. , Chap. 2 and App. I). Others analyze and explain the content of the translated Ottoman documents, or provide a general historical context for understanding them. In Chapter 1, Zarinebaf presents her first tentative social and economic history of the Morea, from its initial conquest by the Ottomans in the 15th century until the Greek Revolution of 1821, employing data extracted from the documents she examined in Istanbul and from other primary and secondary sources.
In addition, Zarinebaf's conclusions will be invaluableto members of PRAP as, in accordancewith that project's objectives, they turn in the future to the composition of a diachronic social and economic history of the area. D. H. 1128) and held in the BagbakanhkArchives in Istanbul. Our study of these pages constitutes the most complete examination of a late Ottoman tahrir published to date. 21 Finally, because of its very detailed nature, including catalogues of buildings and their contents as well as people, we were convinced that information drawn from TT880 would facilitate the design of any future fieldwork that might focus specifically on the detailed archaeological investigation of those settlements occupied in Ottoman times.
23. TT367, p. 132. 24. TT367, pp. 128, 136. TT367, an icmaldefter,may have been based on the earlierTT80, a mufassaldefter,explaining in part the similaritiesin the statisticscontained in the two documents. I have not located a mufassal defterfor the period 1520-1566. Consequently,it is importantto note that any conclusions drawnfrom the data in TT367 may be based on partialsurveys. 25. Kiel (1999, pp. 196) notes that Topping was wrong in assuming that the populationof the Morea did not expand in the 16th century,and that, to the contrary,it more than doubled, and in some places trebled,after 1520.
A Historical and Economic Geography of Ottoman Greece: The Southwestern Morea in the 18th Century (Hesperia Supplement 34) by Fariba Zarinebaf